La "Caussenarde" Gite
This holiday cottage is an authentic Les Causses dwelling: La Caussenarde, built two centuries ago entirely out of stone !
Its 2005 restoration was done in keeping with local traditions. This lets you appreciate the warmth of the lime plaster, the local terracotta flooring and the period cement tiles. The bedrooms feature wood and in particular oak floorboards.
Come and stay here and enjoy the very essence of the Aveyron architectural heritage !
Discover it !
Classified as 4-star by the Prefecture, with a surface area of 90 m2 and offering accommodation for 5/7 people, la Caussenarde comprises:
- Sitting room
As you go in, this room is equipped with a sofa bed (2 extra places), 2 armchairs, a double-sided, enclosed central fireplace, sitting room/dining room around the flat-screen TV, DVD player and hi-fi system
- Dinning room / kitchen
Continuing, you reach the second reception room. The kitchen comes to life around the central island, convenient for preparing stews and casseroles! The wooden chopping board, beloved of cooks, is the island’s central attraction
Other facilities :
- Traditional electric oven and 5-burner gas range hobtop
- Extractor hood
- Cafetiere, kettle
- Double sink
- Sleeping area
There are two bedrooms :
- The parental or master bedroom with a double bed 160x200
- Junior room with 3 beds 90x200: 2 bunk beds and 1 single bed
Equipped with a walk-in shower, bath, hand basin, storage, heated towel rail and hairdryer
- Private terrace
A south-facing terrace with table and chairs, canvas shading and a plancha grill for your barbecues
- Other facilities
All guests enjoy free access to the covered heated swimming pool and the enclosed courtyard with lawn
The littlest ones can come for free !
- Bed linen supplied and beds made up
- Baby kit: folding cot, highchair and changing table
- Welcome gift: An assortment of regional produce
- Welcome kit: grocery assortment
- Household products kit
- Shared washing machine + iron and ironing board
- Brochures and tourist information for region and activity guide (hiking, mountain biking, etc)
Please ask us for further information each day about activities. We come from the southern Aveyron area and would love to introduce you to our heritage !
- Our animal friends are accepted so long as they respect the rules: Please don’t leave them alone in the gite/ In the interests of hygiene they are not allowed in the swimming pool !
Here is a list of optional services…